Latest v1.1 firmware release on 16 April 2008 enables the following features:
- The new version supports movie recording on 4 GB and higher microSDHC compatible cards.
- The new version enables camera continuously record movies with VGA quality (640 x 480) 30 fps up to the capacity of the card, when using an xD-Picture Card TypeM+ or TypeH.
Please note that:
- microSD High Capacity card (> 4 Gb) could be used only with latest v1.1 firmware
- Video length remains fixed using microSD HC instead of xD-Picture Card:
- 640 x 480 @ 30 fps – Recording time: 10 seconds
- 320 x 240 @ 15 fps – Recording time: 29 minutes
- Download the Olympus Master Studio v2.0 freeware program
- Update Master Studio to latest version 2.05
- Start program, Select “Camera” menu –> “Update Camera/Add Display Language”
- Connect the camera to the PC via USB cable
- If a never firmware is available: click on “Update” button
There isn’t an “official way” to check on the camera which firmware version is installed.
Only Olympus Master Studio could check it and update to latest version.
However, you could perform one of the following tests directly on the camera without the PC program:
- Using a MicroSD HC Card = Check if the camera is able to use all Gb of the card
- Using an xD-Picture Card = Try to make a video longer than 10 seconds @ VGA / 30 fps
If at least one of the 2 tests works fine: you have latest v1.1 firmware installed for sure!🙂
Frequently Asked Questions are available for more information.