So there will be a new version that should works fine on Windows Mobile devices.
Start Menu –> Settings –> System tab –> External GPS
Program Tab = COM8
Hardware Tab = COM9 & 4800
Install and Configure GPS Proxy:
Menu –> Extensions –> Delete “Garmin Protocol Output” as extensions
Select “NMEA Input” in the GPS Provider –> Configure button
Set “GPS COM Port” = COM8
Enable “Mirror GPS To Output Port”
Set “Output COM Port” = COM1
Menu –> “Virtual COM Ports”
Set “Virtual COM Port” = COM1 by press Add button
Menu –> Settings
Enable “Run External App after Proxy Startup”
Set “External Application” = “TomTom Navigator.exe”
Install TomTom 7:
- Following the XDA Developers instruction
- Configure GPS settings to “Other GPS NMEA”
- GPS Transmission Rate = “4800 Baud”
- GPS Port = “GPSProxy Virtual COM Port on COM1:”
Quick summary of the serial port communication between GPS and TomTom:
NMEA GPS 4800 Samsung i780 GPS Proxy TomTom 7
Di seguito riporto i passi per configurarlo con TomTom 6 e Windows Mobile (PocketPC).
La stessa procedura funziona anche con i Symbian (Nokia 6630).
I follow these steps to use the GPS:
1) Go to Bluetooth settings in the device
2) Check Serial Port settings.
It should be auto sense but just to be sure set it to:
Enable Authorization request
Enable Autentication (passkey) request
Disable Cryptography (it’s very important!!! It won’t work if cryptography is active)
Baud Rate 9600,N,8,13) Enable the bluetooth on the phone
4) Search the GPS device. It will show as JRTGPS
5) Requeste service and enable peer between Phone and GPS
6) Save it on the phone. When it’s request, enter the PIN: 0000
Now we have a peering between the phone and the GPS.
1) Start TomTom.
2) Open Settings
3) Select Show GPS Status
4) It should show you all satellite identified by the GPS.
5) If not, select “configure” button
6) Select “Another Bluethoot GPS receiver” from the list of all type GPS supported by TomTom.
7) It will show you a message “Connect the GPS receiver and the device. For more info see help from GPS receiver and device”. Presse “Continue”
8) Now you need to select the “Bluetooth Serial Port 8” that is the Bluetooth Input Serial port.
(Please not select port 5! it won’t works because it’s the output Bluetooth Serial port emulation and not the input one)