- Connect Jetpack to computer via micro USB cable
- Install Official MiFi4620LE Windows PC Driver from Verizon website
- Verify in Device Manager (devmgmt.msc) that drivers are installed correctly and you have Novatel mifi4620L device under modem. If not, you will see unknown Novatel device reported with yellow exclamation mark, search online for correct drivers.
- Download latest version of DC Unlocker 2 to be able to confirm the status
- Important: Remove Verizon SIM card otherwise it won’t connect and show the details about locked/unlocked
- Open DC Unlocker 2 and select:
- Manufacturer = Novatel
- Model = Auto detect (recommended)
- Click on Detect button to start device scan and you should get similar output as below:
=================================================================== DC - Unlocker 2 Client 1.00.1396 Detecting modem : selection : manufacturer - Novatel model - Auto detect (recommended) Found Applications port COM3 Found Diagnostics port COM4 Found modem : MiFi4620L Model : MiFi4620L IMEI : 990000xxxxxxxxxxx Firmware : 3.20.16 Compile date / time : Feb 11 2013 22:07:46 Chipset : Qualcomm MDM9600 NAND Flash : MT29F1G08ABBDAH4 SIM Lock status : unlocked ===================================================================
MiFi should be unlocked, if it’s not and you want to unlock it: you will need to register and buy credit for DC – Unlocker.
The one I found was unlocked, so I didn’t test the unlock steps reported in the unlock Guide.
BTW: You don’t need to do firmware update steps as device is old, so it’s probably already updated to latest version of firmware and it will error out if you try to push same firmware version.