After few days of planning, I’m switching to new configuration for car and home.
Advantages of new configuration are:
- Antenna in car is smaller (rom 38.2″ to 13.8″) and still support up to 100W output
- New car antenna is compatible with NMO connector already in car
- Mag Mount is heavy to keep existing antenna stable with NMO connector and it can be used home, carry around as external antenna for HAM radio Go-Kit or stored in trunk of car of need more coverage.
Here is final setup:
Tesla Model 3
- Mount = [Existing] Diamond K400CNMO Trunk/Hatchback Mount
- Antenna = [New] Diamond NR72BNMO Dualband Mobile Antenna
HAM Radio Go-Kit
- Bands: 2m/70cm
- Gain dBi: 3.0/5.5
- Watts: 200
- Height: 38.2″
- Mount: NMO
- Element Phasing: 1-1/2 Lambda, 2-5/8 Lambda
Antenna is installed on right side of car connect to trunk edge via K400.
Cable is routed as follow:
- Under the moving part of trunk toward front of car (photo #1)
- U turn back down to bottom of fixed part around the rubber insulation used to protect wiring in the truck (photo #2 and #3)
- Inside trunk and stick on top of it to avoid any hanging (photo #4 and #5)
- Move down following the back of right seat and around the seating part (photo #6, #7 and #8)
- Under all weather floor mat to the area between central console and front passenger seat (photo #9 and #10)
If you want to route the cable completely hidden, you will need a Diamond C110 extension cord and follow this video on how to tear down your Model 3:
Model 3 All-Weather Cargo Mats
3D MAXpider Floor Liners, (2) Front Seats, (1) Rear Seat All Weather Mats
It’s time to get behind the wheel of the most incredible vehicle! Your Model 3 will soon be ready. Your pick-up location will be at our Bellevue-20th Street location.
Your Model 3 will be available between Tuesday, September 25 through Tuesday, October 2.
Please reply with the day (or days) that will work best for you and if morning or afternoons are best for you. (All registrants must be present at delivery)
Once you are scheduled, you will be contacted to coordinate paperwork. In the meantime please complete the rest of your online profile, if you haven’t already.
Your delivery appointment has been scheduled for Saturday, September 29 @ 2:00 PM at our Bellevue-20th Street delivery center
www.tesla.com @ 8:45pm 7/28/2017
- Starting at $35,000
- Range of 220 miles
- 0 to 60 mph acceleration in 5.6 seconds
- Top speed of 130 mph
“Long Range Battery”
- Starting at $44,000
- Range of 310 miles
- 0 to 60 mph acceleration in 5.1 seconds
- Top speed of 140 mph
Model 3 production is scheduled to begin in late 2017. North American deliveries will be first, followed by Europe, Asia and Pacific countries then countries with right-hand drive configurations. Those who own Model S or Model X cars will be offered priority production slots as a special thanks for supporting the Tesla mission.
Model 3 = https://www.tesla.com/model3
FAQ – Model 3 = https://www.tesla.com/support/model-3-reservations-faq