MileStone Essential+ is great video surveillance software which support 8 cams for free and it’s design to expand to more with paid versions.
I use it at home with 4 cameras and new version 2019 R2 enforce a new level of security to use trusted certificates and deprecate old self-signed certificate which most mobile OSes refuse to verify.
Easiest way to generate it is via CertifyTheWeb which will generate a free SSL certificate for 3 months and you can renew it for free.
I used Azure DNS validation to confirm I own the website and publish it automatically on my local ISS website.
To get a public website, you can use my.dot.tk
HandBrake is an open-source, GPL-licensed, multiplatform, multithreaded video transcoder, available for MacOS X, Linux and Windows. Supported Sources:
- Any DVD or Bluray-like source: VIDEO_TS folder, DVD image, real DVD or bluray (unencrypted — removal of copy protection is not supported), and some .VOB, .TS and M2TS files.
- Most any multimedia file it can get libavformat to read and libavcodec to decode.
Latest version is available at Cacoo.com website
Here is the official list of supported video format took by the TV manual by all Samsung TVs with AllShare functionality.
This could be streamed using local HDD, USB memory drive or DLNA server.
Here is the subtitle supported format:
and Audio & Video Decoder capabilities
See latest version at Cacoo.com
More information about DLNA and UPnP
WDTV Live doesn’t support DLNA streaming on official firmware.
You need to install WDLXTV firmware, but this doesn’t include DLNA server but only client
To get DLNA server on WDLXTV you need to install a TwonkyMedia v4.4.18 -> note this SW is not FREE but you need to buy a copy at Twonky website
It’s a free video encyclopedia based in Italy divided into categories and based on Trecani definitions.
- CPU = Sigma Design SMP-8655AD
- Clock CPU = 500Mhz
- Flash = 128 MByte
- RAM = 512MByte DRAM
WDLXTV-Live is a souped up unofficial firmware for the Western Digital WD TV Live. It is based off of the 1.02.21 firmware, but with many extra features. This is a permanent flash, just like an official upgrade. It enables a wide range of extra functionality which is missing from the official firmware, such as bittorrent, webserver, NZB, SSH, FTP, NFS, etc.
- Normal = The Normal version requires Flashing the Firmware into the WDTV Live
- Minimal = The Minimal version is the same as the Normal version, but without php, python, perl, nzbget, deluge, lighttpd
- Ext3 = This version is used for testing purposes. It is identical to the normal flashed version. The main difference is that ext3-boot-live is pivoted into and run directly off your external device. This means ext3-boot-live gives you full read/write permissions.
To flash firmware
Place wdtvlive.bin on a memory stick along with wdtvlive.ver and insert it into your WDTV Live.
When asked if you want to upgrade your firmware, say yes.
The WDTV Live will reboot and after several minutes the whole flashing process will complete and reboot again.
Upon successful flash you will see WDLXTV_Live in the about screen of system settings.
The firmware no longer needs to be on anything attached to the WDTV Live.
Downgrade instructions are always provided at the bottom of the README which is included in every release’s zip.